Reducing the Human Component of Cybersecurity Risk
June 8, 2023
1:00 PM EST
Mark Sangster, Chief of Strategy at Adlumin
Deb Snyder, Moderator, Senior Fellow at Center for Digital Government
About this talk:
In the realm of government cybersecurity, it is crucial to educate employees on avoiding unwittingly assisting cybercriminals who manipulate and deceive individuals. However, the current state of cybersecurity training typically follows this pattern:
- Mandatory cybersecurity courses like Phishing and Security Awareness Training (PSAT) are assigned to staff, often during their hectic onboarding period.
- Staff members quickly skim through the course content and complete a basic knowledge check.
- The same or similar course is repeated by staff as needed to meet compliance requirements.
Join our panel of cybersecurity experts as they discuss the best practices for developing a cyber-aware workforce. Some key takeaways include:
- The shortcomings of traditional cybersecurity training
- The value of a comprehensive cybersecurity education
- Strategies for creating long-term behavioral change that effectively mitigates cybersecurity risks