Adlumin, Inc provides an industry leading solution to detect attacks, in real-time, that would otherwise go undetected. After attackers have defeated your initial defenses, Adlumin implements intelligent user behavior analytics and active defense mechanisms to detect and deter the most sophisticated adversaries.
We are looking for a Director of Data Science responsible for writing and integrating new analytic models into our platform. You will also design the overall architecture of the application and evolve it to ensure maximum performance and stability.
Our Director of Data Science must have a strong background in algorithms and object-oriented programming. The candidate must have experience in the Ruby on Rails framework, Ruby, Python, Postgresql, Elastic Search, and Amazon Web Services development and deployment.
Our Director of Data Science will focus on the heavy lifting of application architecture, data modeling, application logic, data services and REST APIs.
Apply technical and analytical expertise to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of discovering patterns and previously hidden insights, which in turn can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing business problem. Exhibit expertise in computer science, software development, and the latest technologies to design and implement analysis infrastructure and tools, analytic workflow processes, and complex data visualizations.
Leverage knowledge of mathematical and statistical concepts, computer science, and domain expertise to bridge the gap between technologists and mathematicians, ensuring software solutions meet analytic requirements. Maintain responsibility for planning and managing company resources to execute development project or project components from design phase through implementation. Identify and communicate project scope and ensure program milestones and objectives are met.
Keep management informed of key issues and changes which may impact expected business results and develop major goals to support broad functional objectives. Approve policies developed within various sub–functions and departments and establish strategy for division and business units within corporate strategic initiatives.
– Design of the overall architecture of the Data Science Application
– Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
– Building reusable code and libraries for future use
– Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
– Implementation of security and data protection
– Integration of the back-end aspects of the web application
– Design and Implement Backend Architectures Skills and Qualifications
– Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language (Depending on the specific case, a developer should have the knowledge of one or more: Ruby, Python.)
– Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
– Data migration, transformation, and scripting
– Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
– Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
– Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
– APIs – developing your own
– Design and product management skills, and past startup, team building, machine learning and
AI experience would be a bonus
What you will do
• Enhance capabilities needed to serve our global customers at scale in a data-driven, personal and relevant way
• Understand the biggest areas of opportunity for the application of data science and machine learning at Adlumin, developing services, positioning, and messaging in a clear, differentiated, and value-driven way across channels
• Lead internal, external, and cross functional teams to develop new data-driven models and evolve existing models for customer intelligence, digital personalization, and other key areas of customer-focused growth.
• Collaborate with IT and other data platform support teams to lead enterprise efforts to bring in new data science technologies, frameworks and methodologies and scale data science models through distributed computing and platform implementation
• Evolve applications of advanced analytics, machine learning, tools, data sources, talent and partners by incessantly bringing external best practices and trends into an existing team of data-savvy analysts
• Work effectively with stakeholders to understand ambiguous business problems, assess data needs, develop/maintain best suited models and help/strategize deploying them in production What we are looking for
• PhD or equivalent experience in Computer science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research, or related quantitative fields
• 7+ years of hands on experience in machine learning (supervised, unsupervised and ensemble methods), natural language processing; computer vision, deep learning experience is a bonus
• Proven track record of developing, scaling and implementing these models in customer facing environments
• Strong programming skills: R, Python, Java etc along with stellar visualization and persuasive story telling
• Experience with big data and cluster computing environments
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible Work Hours
- Lots of Autonomy
$80K – $150K
0.0% – 0.5%
Timothy J. Evans, J.D., LL.M.